Knowing that Christopher loves the color red, I thought that Christopher may be interested in learning what the outcome would be when red is mixed with other colors such as blue and yellow.
I had purchased some clear bottles and found some crayola dots. Christopher had fun just making the colors by placing these tablets into the water and watching what happens to the clear water.
After we created red, blue, and yellow, we discussed what the primary colors were and wrote them down. I then asked him what happens when these colors are mixed with each other. Christopher already knew the answer but was still really excited to see it for himself.
To create this experiment, we filled up one of the empty clear bottles with water. We then took a medicine dropper and Christopher squeezed some of the blue from the bottle filled with blue water into the clear water and then repeated the process but instead used some of the red water. As the two colors mixed, he was able to see with his eyes that it produced purple. These type of experiments continued until we were able to produce secondary colors. Christopher and I then discussed what secondary colors mean.
Using a medicine dropper is so great for a child's pincer skill. It strengthens the three fingers that are necessary for learning to write. I was so excited to find an interest that he could do and also be strengthening his writing skills. In addition, he was introduced to some new vocabulary words which is fun for his literacy.
After he finished coloring in his results, it was time to move onto tertiary colors. He loved making aquamarine. And many more....
I hope Christopher had as much fun as I did watching him. In the end, he had his sheet to show all that he discovered.
No comments:
Post a Comment