After previously visiting a scuba shop, Andrew decided that he DID want to try out scuba diving for the 1st time. A person can try scuba diving and go to the bottom of a pool starting at age 10. So, for Andrew's 10th birthday, he decided to go scuba diving. He invited some friends to come along, Kevin and Brandon who also had a great time.
Andrew getting prepared through a lesson on safety and gear maintenance
Now for the real thing................
Andrew said it was a lot of fun even though he was very nervous about the whole breathing with oxygen under the water. It took him some time to feel comfortable with the idea that you can breathe under water and how to breathe with the oxygen. I loved the time I had scuba diving but it was a very different experience for me because I had never learned how to properly breathe under water without oxygen so the oxygen was a life saver and so amazing for me. But for someone like Andrew who has learned differently it would be a totally new experience. He said he was worried about how the whole thing worked and they told him that he could not stop breathing under water or it would hurt him. He took it to heart and was breathing so rapidly. I told him he could relax and use the oxygen just like you would normally breathe. It took him some time but in the end, he ventured into the deep and went to the bottom of the pool with the instructor. Perhaps as he gets older, he will become even more comfortable with this. Such an amazing sport and an amazing feeling! But I am a bit biased about it being that I absolutely LOVE it!
No comments:
Post a Comment