Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Zoo animals

My mind is always trying to come up with ideas of projects for kids that do not cost me any money. 
Well, any additional money.

This one I thought of building cages for zoo animals.  Art projects for kids  can be a bit challenging for me but Matthew did not seem to mind that the cages were not made perfect. 

Zoo animal crafts like this only require a few things. A few cereal boxes, glue, and paint.  

Matthew loves preschool art projects where he gets to paint so I knew he would enjoy painting them himself.

Once dry it was time to bring out the next part I was thinking about.  

Building the Zoo

 
 To help Matthew recognize the names of the animals, I let him choose the names that went on to the cages. He then placed the correct animal into the correct cage. 
 
 My mission was accomplished. 
Easy crafts for kids that also teach them to recognize the names of the animals.
 Yeah, art activities for preschoolers that were not too difficult and full of fun!
 
It was great seeing these zoo animals move locations a lot because it meant that Matthew was really beginning to recognize the names for each of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment