Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day #28 - Cutting and pasting beginning sounds


 Matthew is very interested in cutting these days.  I am finding piles of cut up paper all over my house.  I do my best to remember that it is a stage, a wonderful stage at that.  I think these are what they called Sensitive Periods and if we allow the messes, we allow growth.  

I have heard that Little People (dwarfism) when young have a hard time handling scissors because of the design of their hand. I have not done enough research to validate that.  However, when I saw my own Little Person wanting to start using scissors, I let him.  I wanted that desire in him to be fully reached as far as he was able to do.  Now it has been several months and he is still enthralled with scissors and cutting.  At first he struggled at bit but now does quite a remarkable job.


 
  Because of this desire, I thought that combining high frequency words with matching up the beginning letter sound would be a great idea.  My attempt on capturing a child's interest and turning it into a learning moment.  Well, it did not go as I had planned. 
 
 But hey, he did get to cut!  And he got one letter glued! I love three!  Really. 


No comments:

Post a Comment