Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rainforest Week 1


I am so Bummed!  Guess who forgot her camera to the zoo? Yes, me.  Argh!!

Our Rainforest week started at the zoo.  We got up early enough to catch some of the animals.  

The most exciting animal we saw was the jaguar.  I kept praying that these children of mine would be able to see this amazing animal.  

We got there and miraculously he had just finished eating and was ready to play.  It was so exciting to watch. And that is why I am so bothered that I forgot my camera.  

He climbed on everything. At one point, he jumped up on the fence.   He chased some birds around and I think because of an answered prayer, he even came up to the edge of the cage and it appeared as if he was even posing for us and wanted to interact with us.  The boys were in heaven.   

My oldest son even commented that he did not know whether the Bengal Tiger was his favorite animal anymore.  He was starting to think it was the jaguar now. 




 Observing and Drawing the Jaguar. At one point, I even saw my three year old down on the ground with a pencil drawing. Once again, another reason I am so frustrated that I forgot my camera. It was adorable. 

 Our Zoo Project

 
 

 A list of several of the rainforest animals that the boys were to find and more.......

The boys were responsible for navigating us through the zoo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment